T-I-M-B-E-RRRRR

Saturday was a productive day for us.... I love days where your to do list is getting crossed off and you are outside enjoying the sunshine. We even had time to enjoy it with the neighborhood gang in between projects!  I had to scroll through my gardens and see what was popping up of course, because spring color is so much fun!
bleeding heart

peony


Scott was at run club for Team World Vision early Saturday morning.  So I worked on a making a garden bed in front of our patio area while I waited for him to get home. I was not going to waste a moment from this beautiful weekend. Rain is always in the forecast lately.

We took down our giant shrub that grew into a tree!!! (insert frowny face) seriously it was that way when we bought this house. Such a eye sore and I was counting down the day where it was gone. We have two of them but one of them is in a tricky spot to remove for us newbie chain sawers. The one in front of the house came down nice and easy and then he took the saw and removed all the branches and Kate, Henry and I dragged them to the front section. We plan to rent a chipper and then use the chips for our garden bed. But when it came time to remove the next cedar tree/shrub Scott was not feeling like it was going to work. The neighbors tree branches were hanging over and touching our tree and he was worried about it bouncing back and hitting our house. Or the fact that the tree is so close to the house it will clip the corner of the house on the way down. The neighbor tried to bring his tree trimming bucket machine over but our house is tricky to get in. We have a big hill coming into our house and fence going to back yard, and so many trees to get around. He tried one spot but the hill caused it to get stuck, tried angling it up the hill and the bobcat that was pushing it lost its tire. So we decided to call it at day and think about it.






now I need to clean up my white brick wall and finish painting a section that I didn't paint because the tree was there.

all along the front will be flowers and maybe some veggies. It's like a new empty palate to play around with.




In between tree stuff the neighbor let me know that the grey horn owl that we all love so much! (insert sarcasm) they are so loud and they have been eating the chickens in her backyard. Well it turns out the mama had babies and one of them fell out of the nest. So we all came to see this fluffy scary bird. I was waiting for mom and dad to dive bomb us as we are getting close to the bird taking pictures. But they were MIA which is okay for me. The rapture center came out and looked at the bird to see if it was injured and it was not but it was only 3 weeks old and was not able to fly till 6. So they placed the bird up a few branches of the tree and mama bird will feed it and tend to it there. The next is at the top of the tree in a pine tree. Random fact for you- grey horn owls use old squirrel next instead of making there own. Crazy! That is why these birds fall out of nest all the time.



I was hoping to end this weekend by planting my apple trees we picked up when the trees where down but now I am going to wait a week to see if we are able to figure out a new plan because the new trees are going in the drop zone of the other tree and I don't want them damaged.
We went with a hone crisp and state fair apple. Menards had them for 28.00 each and we had menards cash from our last project so they were free that day!  Love that!






Bella decided to make some painted logs with the kids names on them for our garden. She has not finished hers yet. But we do have a lot of wood for a fire later this summer or logs to sit on! I have a Project that I saw that uses a stump of a tree and turns it into a fun end table or stool.  I have to convince the mr. to help me because it uses a chainsaw and I don't enjoy them.

We crashed hard that night!!!!!





Comments

Popular Posts