Garden Layout Plans

Okay my seedlings are all up and growing strong and taking over my windows.  We have two grow light bulbs above my garden table in the dining room and today my grow lights that will fit a fluorescent light fixture are arriving. That way it covers the whole table evenly and they are not stretching for the light. We are already talking about next spring and how we want to change and improve our seedling starting. Here is my garden table that is clearly not big enough!

We have
10-cherry tomato plants
14- beef steak tomatoes
8- bell peppers
4- jalapeño
12- cabbage
16- kale
5- broccoli
3- cauliflower
pots of dill, basil, oregano, chives
plus some romaine, butter crunch

I also have lupines, coneflowers, hollyhocks, zinnea, forget me knots in pots ready to go in the flower beds too.

These are just my seedlings for my dirt garden, Scott has his hydroponic bins fun and he has added one in the garage window that is doing really well. I need to snap a pic of that soon!



dill


pepper

this is the soil I got to use for my next transplant pots.


So the planning on how I want them in my garden boxes this year is happening. Things change a bit once I get all my plants outside and see how they look and fit, but that's normal. I like to keep a garden log of how my beds were the year before so I can rotate them and see what worked and what didn't work. But this is how I see them in my garden this year.

The mr. took this really long bed and made it a potato bed. Last year was not successful but it did provide little potatoes to use as seedlings for this years crop. Cross your fingers and say a prayer we can make it work this year. They are planted and in the ground. My rhubarb is up and growing




eventually I would like a bigger strawberry bed, because it only supplies enough strawberries for us to eat a few at a time and I would like to be able to freeze some and make jam too.







never grown cauliflower before so this will be a trial run. I am also hoping to get my soil happy for the tomatoes because last year we had issues with blossom rot and lost too many tomatoes to that issue. This year I am being pro active.


The herb spots are old galvanized containers that will work perfect for grabbing fresh herbs right outside my kitchen door. And in front of the patio along the sidewalk I want to make that a bed too because I have more veggies I want to plant but no room in the other beds so I am thinking to add those and maybe  do a mix of some flowers. 


After we added that bed number 4 the one along the driveway last year we said we are not going to do a new one this year. But I think next year we might have to figure out some small circle ones in between the bed, because we left enough space for expansion.  Maybe a fun galvanized tin style to break up the look we have going would be really cool. I am a sucker for industrial look.

I have more plants then I can grow so I will be passing some along to my neighbors who garden. May can't come soon enough!





Comments

Popular Posts