Garden Fun

Okay Earth Day is coming this weekend and that gets me thinking what I want to plant. We would like to add a tree to our yard and I am trying to pick two apple trees.  Who doesn't want fresh apples growing in your yard? I know for sure I want the honey crisp and I'm thinking regent would be a nice choice. I just need to find a nursery that carries them both.  The kids like to be involved in planting and picking out stuff to grow for our yard, so it makes it fun! I also want to add a cherry tree too this year. We love fruit and cherries are in our top favorites! We have the veggies covered so why not move on to the fruit bearing plants and trees. Do you have plans to plant a tree this Earth Day?  Give back to Mother Earth...

Henry and I have been doing a little rock painting this week to add some color and fun to our gardens.  I ran out of big rocks to paint and I would like to find some more to do around my flower beds.




These will be my plant markers for the year, I still need to paint more but its a start



                                      

my rock from when I was young. I have always been a rock painter!


The rest of these rocks were from Grand Marais 




Henry painted these. these are strawberries

and his ladybug

I am still trying to decide if I will line them around this tree/flower bed. I will need more rocks for sure!

I applied mod podge to the rocks after I painted them so that they would weather better. Lets see if that works! 


Comments

Popular Posts