Sunshine Chores

We knew this weekend was going to be packed and it was. We had to say no to things so we would not burn ourselves out. Spring and summer tend to get overbooked and cause you to run around more then you normally do.


Friday we borrowed our neighbors trailer and headed to the city compost site and loaded up on wood chips and composted dirt for the garden.  There compost dirt was not awesome but I think mixing in my composted dirt with it plus some wood chips it will be just fine. I am adding a flower garden in the front of my house and we are doing the back to eden style garden on the rest of our veggie boxes. If you have not watched that documentary you should. Take him with a grain of salt but his knowledge on growing a garden is amazing.  So we plan to top our veggie gardens with a nice layer of wood chips to help keep our plants stay moist and that also will break down and improve our soil each year. Win win
They grabbed a shoveled and pitched in to help

Watch Henry in the next few photos!  LOL 




He says can't catch me and made this funny face 

I was so exhausted that night after loading that up and using muscles I don't normally do. The kids sure loved being at the wood chip pile, seeing how how they can climb it. I did that when I was a kid because we lived right next to the city wood chip pile.

Scott started training with Team World Vision and it was the first Saturday group run. He took the girls along with them and they did 3 mile run together. I was so proud of the girls for committing to that and following through.  I hope that is something they enjoy and want to continue.

Saturday we started cleaning out the garage so we can get out of our back door to the yard and purging toys and bikes that we don't need anymore. We also got more leaves cleaned up around our shed and strung a wire for the raspberry plants to rest on. We may or may not of cut through the invisible fence line in the back yard doing that. Second year in a row that Scott had to attach them back together so her fence works. Opps you think we would know where her line is and remember not to stake things in that section. Ha

While we were doing all that the neighbor got his 1977 Gmc camper out and stopped by to ask if Scott could play!! They had a conversation last night about how much Scott wants his camper so we loaded up the family and took it for a joy ride for 20 min. or so. Scott was smiling from ear to ear the whole time while driving it. The kids were loving that they could sit at a table and possible eat or play games while driving down a road. Yes it had seat belts in those seats!!!! He even showed us all the features of what it does and how the beds convert. Scott was sold. This camper is so big it would not even fit in our yard if we wanted it to. It's very retro!



We headed over to the Nature center to get a few photos as the sun was heading down on Saturday after church. I love this place and so do the kids.



Sunday was suppose to be up early to go to the union health fair at the Viking stadium and so we get down to the area and park, unload and Scott pulled up the info on his phone and noticed we messed up it was yesterday instead of today. Boo there were tears shed and we were all bummed because we were looking forward to seeing the inside of that place and also health stuff!  We loaded up and headed home.  Bella had a birthday after lunch at the indoor trampoline park so the rest of us went to cherry berry and the park while we waited to pick her up.
cherry berry has cable and my kids were like What?????

The weekends go by so fast. I was feeling restless in the fact I have been wanting a project to do. I don't have one at the moment exactly, but I am gearing up to start a little free library with my neighbor to place in our block. That will be exciting! I love a good project so maybe I will find one for the week to do.

Comments

Popular Posts