To Juice or Not to Juice

So i watched a documentary on netflix yesterday and i thought this was such a great video.It's called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I have never thought about juicing ever. I love smoothies but there just packed with major calories instead. This video is about a man that was very overweight and dealing with some medical conditions. So he decided to do a 60 day juice fast, to cleanse his body and reboot his system. By the end i was thinking maybe i should try that. Not 60 days, but he did have some people do a 10 day cleanse. Honestly i think it would like to do baby steps and take it day by day. I don't want to set myself up for failure.

My body has been feeling blah, and i have no energy lately and my mood has been all over the map. Maybe this will help give me tons of great nutrients and boost me back up. So i looked the website to the video i watched and checked out his machines and see how much they go for. Holey cow super out of my budget. So what does a super savy lady turn to next. Craigslist. When in doubt go check it out there. And they have the same machine he uses and tons cheaper.

So i have been researching youtube and googling juice recipes. There is tons of info out there for this. I mean i love to do a healthy lifestyle but im not one to go eat kale or super dark leafy greens. And that is the man ingredient in these recipes because there such great nutrients for you body.

My question is Am I Crazy? And should I do this?

Check out some of these videos, there full of knowledge,they sound tasty.




Comments

  1. I bet you would love to have Grandma Shaw's Vita-mix now. If we were closer you could give it a try.Good luck with the juicing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of cleanses and feel that you can re-boot by eating clean. However, if you want to juice on the cheap...do you have a blender? If so, you can just blend everything up and pour it through a cheesecloth to remove the pulp.

    I hear you can make crackers with the pulp...or see if the pup likes it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts