Family Day

Today Scott and I thought we would take the girls on a little surprise adventure. So we made a picnic lunch and grabbed the swimming bag and made our way to the city hall. Well  that wasn't the surprise destination. But they require a you to get a parking pass for Lakeside Commons Park. Which all residents of Blaine its free but everyone else has to pay daily or buy a season passes. I love free activities! So we just had to pick up the sticker. Well we didn't really plan it out to far, as in we didn't know the exact location. How hard can it be? Well i guess we are pretty smart, because we found it. We could have saved us a step they had a person there doing the sticker passes. Oh well you live and learn.

The girls picked out a park bench under the pavilion, and we enjoyed a little lunch before they ran off to play in the park. After I packed up lunch we walked along the path down towards the beach and splash pad. Man the beach and splash deck was full of families having so much fun. It was the perfect day for water activities, the sun was shining and the humidity wasn't as bad as it has been. I sure wish we would've grabbed the sunblock.

The Mr. took the girls on a bike ride to the library while i finished up my 3 dressers i have been working on. And of course they came home with a arm load of movies an books. I had to find a bigger basket to keep them organized.

I had to go to the dentist today to get my cavity filled which i have been delaying for awhile. Man i forgot how much they suck. They had to do two rounds of numbing stuff for it to work, because i was still feeling it after the first round. I was so numb for about 3 1/2 hours. Uggg I loved going to the dentist before because i usually don't have a problem with cavities and such. Now not so much fun today. It didn't help when they were running 40 min. behind schedule and didn't tell me. Patients hasn't been my gift.

The Mr. took us out for a little ice cream treat after dinner,  and then we all came home to watch a circuit training video that kicked our butts. Bella and Kate were so into it.  I love being able to do this kind of stuff as a family. We are soaking up as much time together as we can before Scott starts his new job and the girls are off to school. My job loss could not have came at a better time!

Comments

Popular Posts