Night to Unite

So tonight was our neighborhood block party where we get out and meet the neighbors. The law enforcement and other city people will stop by to talk with people, and here there concerns and tell us stuff to prevent big issues arising in the area.

Well it gave Scott and I a chance to meet some of the young people and have adult talk without them being super duper old which is most of our block.  And let me tell you the kids were all playing in the street with there bikes and scooters. Which is not a normal sight. Most of the parents said "the kids are in heaven they never get to play in the street". So true!

Well I brought a big jug of bubbles and stopped by the dollar store to pick up wands. Every kid was blowing bubbles and popping them left and right. I think Bella's head took most of the bubbles on her head, she was pretty wet. I didn't even need to crack out the twister game, or let them use the trampoline. Which makes me nervous on a liability issue.

I think next year he should do door prizes and switch up the music to happy beat. Or maybe........ He should find a young couple to help him rock the block.

On a Super Happy Note!  Scott got a call back on a job that he applied for. It's a crappy job at the foundry in Fridley.  He probably will be a grinder. A job is a job at this point. So keep him in your prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts