DIY Chalkboard Painted Dresser

Well i have to say I'm a little tickled pink at this moment. I have sold everything i that i have bought to redo. I didn't want to buy to many pieces not knowing if they would sell or not. Well they did and they put some cash in our pockets for the week. I think I am taking over the garage. But I'm truly loving it.

So i have decided that every piece of furniture that i buy that is the shade of purple is going to be a big challenge. Maybe because they come from little girls and that mean they have major wear and tear. I sent the Mr. to go get a side table and it turned out to be spray painted a thick coat of Purple. I had to do so much sanding to make it even close to descent. But now its a cute shade of french gray.

And today I have finally finished my garbage day find from a week ago. I bought some dif wallpaper remover and scrapped all that wallpaper off the drawers. It took me a good hour but it was well worth it. I gave it a coat of sea blue color and waiting for it to dry as we speak. Pictures will be soon!

I picked up a purple dresser Saturday night and i was in a hurry because we were trying to make it church on time. But this dresser has given me nothing but a headache.

It was super beat up and missing the bottom of the top drawer. I think i used a bottle of wood filler on the top to make it almost smooth. Then i went to Menard's to get a orbital sander. And i just might have made my finger bleed a little.Only ME!


I have been wanting to paint a chalkboard on a dresser for a long time. And i thought this would be a great candidate.  Since this was my first try i thought maybe i should just do the drawers to see if it works.

So here are the stuff you will need to do this.

Tablespoon
Un sanded Tile Grout
Paint
Chalk
150 grit sand paper
towel


First prime the surface.
Mix the grout and 1 cup of paint. Make sure all the grout is complete mixed with the paint. No chunks left. And use a sponge roller, and apply multiple times to the area. You want it to be really thick on there. After that dries you will see it will be super textured. use the sandpaper and sand it good, so its not so bumpy anymore. you will still have a texture left. Use a rag to remove the dust.Take a piece of chalk and cover the whole surface with it to condition the area.

 I used white.  Then wipe that down . And doodle away. I found that if it didn't wipe the chalk clean i needed to sand it a little more.


Sorry the pics don't show the writing well. It's late and i just finished.

I do have to say I'm exhausted today. It was really rainy day here and i spent it in the garage sanding and stripping wallpaper. When the skies cleared i gave three dressers a coat of primer and color.  Maybe that means tomorrow i can spend the day biking with the family.

Comments

Popular Posts