Spring Garden Care

The past few days has been in the mid to upper 50's so i took full advantage of this weather and started tackling some of my to do list.  I started off with grabbing my Norwex enviro cloth and window cloth and washed all my outside windows and then grabbed my Norwex dusting mitt and wiped down all my screens i took off last fall and put them back in the windows.
I also wanted to make my raspberries grow in rows instead of just in a big clump next to our shed. So i figured out the depth of the rows and a walk way and started digging up raspberries and trimming last years growths. Well a good 2.5 hours later that was finished. I couldn't just stop there i added some old deck boards my neighbor gave me around each bed.  I also removed all leaves and sticks from my flower beds along the fence and started cleaning them up.



By the time i stopped that i couldn't move any muscle in my body. I have not had that physical of a activity in a long time. I love doing that stuff and i want it all done at that time instead of spreading it out a couple of days.  Well at least it looks good.

My backyard as always been a sore spot in our yard. We cant get grass to grow back there and it's just one big sand pit. My goal is to slowly turn around the soil and try to get it better to grow some grass. We need to fix or remove the shed because it's slowly falling apart and it's getting ugly looking.  It's also a little weird because we have a corner lot so we have 3 different kinds of fences going on and they are all so different in style. But what are you going to do!

The kids have a goal this summer for the backyard too..... They want a tree house. We have one tree back there and it's tiny. So we will have to see what we do about that.


Comments

Popular Posts