Watching Them grow!

As i am typing this it is snowing!!!! Yes it's pretty but i am done seeing it, and i am ready for green grass and flowers blooming. Can i get a amen?  I bought a new seed tray to start some veggies for the garden. I have to start broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, peppers, jalapeƱo by march 16th. So i decided this weekend was the weekend to start them. These plants take awhile to germinate and grow, so you have to start them earlier then most plants. I have to say we are bustin' at the seams of plants being grown in this house. Seriously with all the grow lights the neighbors have to begin questioning us!!!

I think if i have extra plants when i begin planting that i will sell some off to the neighbors for there garden. When your growing from seed you just never know if they are all going to pop up, so i planted a few extras of each.  Growing from seed is a lot more work then walking around the nursery picking out your plants. There is a lot of love and time spent tending to them so they don't die. It also has to save us money on not buying mature plants for the garden.

Update on Scott's hydroponics they are growing good and getting bigger by the day. He has a couple pea plants, butter crunch lettuce, one watermelon, 3 bell peppers.  It's a balancing act with keeping the waters ph at the right balance. He also has a few potatoes being grown hydroponically in a 5 gallon bucket with big shoots come out of them.  Yay I'm excited to see the outcome on that. Ive never seen that veggie grown that way before.


I also have lupines, poppies, hollyhocks, zinnia, and cone flowers that are all popped up and growing strong. I feel like i have really let my flower beds take a back seat the past few years while i focused on the veggie garden. I am perennial girl and like low maintenance plants for the most part. I have a vision for a flower bed under my big living room window. The grass doesn't grow good there and it would be nice to look out the window and enjoy plants all summer long.








This spot gets lots of sun!

I have a tendency to walk by my plants and stare at them. It's amazing how fast they change day by day. I am just praying they stay alive till they are planted in the yard. Are you growing anything indoor for the outdoor garden season?

Comments

Popular Posts