Essential Oil Case On the Go!

I have a habit of throwing a bottle of essential oils in my purse when I'm flying out the door. You just never know when you will need it, or i didn't get a chance to put it on.  I figured it was time to make a carrier for a few 5 ml bottles. I just so happened to have a flat 2 sided already sewn piece of fabric from a wallet i was going to make. Score! I didn't really have a plan on what i was going to do so this was a good first pancake for me to make. I never follow a pattern, i just think of how i want it to serve and a idea on the look and go from there.

First i took my square and folded it and half to find my center, then laid out 4 bottles of 5 ml oil across the upper center and grabbed a piece of elastic and pinned it on the left of the bottle and on the right of the bottle and removed the oil bottle, and repeated that across all 4 oil spots. I put a straight stitch down each elastic pinned spot. Sorry i didn't take a pic. i was focused because i don't get to much time with a almost 4 year old to sew.

So now i have my elastic sewn so each bottle is able to go in and stay in on the right spot. No loose bottles means less risk of breaking or opening.

I then added a snap on the top to close my pouch. I love my snap machine - you just never know when you need to add a snap and it takes like 2 min. to do it from start to finish.

I then folded it in half so the elastic is in the inside,and ran a stitch along left and the right of the pouch to close it off to make it a pouch.  And bam finished

I have already decided i will add a pul fabric (waterproof fabric) to the inside next time and maybe do one more oil spot so i have 5 with me at all times. I had a hard time narrowing it down to 4!!!!!  And maybe a zipper on the top just in case one oil opens and it will be secured from leaking into my purse.  Otherwise this is a good starter case for on the go!








Comments

Popular Posts