I. heart. ReStore


After failing to get a spot to get our taxes done, i wanted to go check a store that was so calling my name. And believe me it was more then what i expected. i love to look at old, used and well loved items and try to make them mine. So we went to this store called ReStore.http://www.habitat.org/restores/default.aspx?tgs=Mi81LzIwMTEgMzoyMDozMiBQTQ%3d%3d         Its a place where people drop off stuff they dont want anymore because they are updating. They sell it to the public at a very discounted price. And the profits they make go towards habitat for humanity. Good cause!  I would so go there before heading to the big box stores to buy overpriced cookie cutter items. A little paint and some love will go a long way to make your house your own.

Well if i owned a truck i would've came home with so much more. We actually had to make a second trip with Scott's wagon and minus two of us. I got 3 sets of  folding doors, which we very very heavy and only cost me 10.00 a set. And my very excited purchase was 4 sets of plantation shutters. I debated at the store if i should get them. I looked at them and then had to walk away and then came back a couple times again. I figured if they don't fit i can resell them or "cross that bridge when i get to it." They were only 5.00 a set what a steal... I felt a little guilty leaving with all that. Oh note to self don't bring the kids next time! Stressful with all that stuff and little kids.


So are you wondering what i did with the folding doors? Well I made myself a new headboard.  I didn't have to paint them they were a nice little worn white, which fits into my color scheme. Batta Boom i new feel for my bedroom! I also found a few wall scones that would be super cute to put on the side for bed lights! Maybe another day.Cant wait to go to bed tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts