Trying to see the BIG PICTURE

I am feeling really motivated today. Ive been having my nose stuck in all these parenting books lately and so many ideas thrown at me. I guess when my girls were babies i used to laugh at these books, why do parents need books to figure it out how to parent? but when you are dealing with all these issues on a daily basis you loose perspective on your situation. But the books seem to give examples and then all of sudden you step back and say wow that us. So after much thinking, i decided to do something with Bella and show her appreciation for doing good. We made a list together and talked about ways to show honor/respectful to others. And if she show us those things on the list she will receive a penny to put in a jar. And after its full she can decide what to do with, such as save, spend or give to church. So today for example how she earned a penny. She likes to follow me upstairs and then jump on my bed or what not. I don't like the girls in our bed room. But i asked her stay downstairs and she listened (which is on her list-listen when mom and dad ask something of her) and she earned a penny.Or picking up your toys when your down playing with them. So i asked her what she thinks she should do with her toys that she just played with. They like when they get to make decisions on there own! It's going to be a struggle with this it wont be easy but parenting is Not easy! Wish us luck!

Comments

Popular Posts