Gluten Free Sugar Cookies with frosting

I have not had any luck with sugar cookies till i found this recipe. Many nasty recipes i have made and i was getting frustrated with wasting so much flour on trying to find one that didn't leave a weird taste in your mouth. Every kid loves to make sugar cookies to decorate with sprinkles. I would say it's not just kids i love putting sprinkles on too..

I found my sugar cookie recipe from here. This site made you enter her mailing list to get the recipe emailed to you.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

1/2 cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp xanthun gum
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cup of her flour recipe (look below)

Cream the butter and sugar together. Add one egg at a time. mix all the dry ingredients together and add that to the butter mixture. Mix till it's combined.

I decided to not do cookie cutter cut outs. Honestly rolling anything gf is a headache. I scooped a small ball of dough and flatten it with my hand and baked it for 8-10 min. Just till when i touched the cookie it didn't feel doughy. I don't like hard sugar cookies and they continue to bake when they are cooling on the pan. 

*flour recipe* 

2 parts rice flour
1 part tapioca flour
1 part potato starch

This is how i measured it out.

1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup sweet white flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup potato starch

Since that doesn't total 3 1/4 flour for the recipe. i just did heaping measurements. 

Now on to the best part........ Drum roll please. .................. The frosting

I got the recipe from this place. I also cut the recipe in half. For some reason i always have left overs so i usually cut most recipes in half. Otherwise i will eat all the left overs and you all know where that lands on a women's body!!!!! Yep her big toe!!!!! 

1/2 cup of butter softened
4 cups of powder sugar
1/4 cup milk at room temp
splash of vanilla
splash of almond
and food coloring of your choice

I did not follow the instructions about slowly adding the sugar and i beat the butter for a few seconds and then add all the rest of the ingredients. It came out with this nice soft but not thick frosting. It was so yummy. I spread a little bit on each cookie after they cooled and the sprinkles where dashed on all of them.   

These cookies melt in your mouth and were amazing!
I brought them to a friend and she couldn't even tell they were gluten free. Yay mission accomplished. That is my goal with gluten free baking.




Comments

Popular Posts