After Math From Christmas

Coming down now, coming down!!!!! I feel like we have been in a whirl wind the last few days and now I am sitting in pure silence. Mainly because the in laws have the kids and i am home by myself. It feels so weird and awkward, like I'm a bum in my own home. I cleaned up Christmas and got the totes all organized to be put back up on the garage shelf for another 365 more days.  It was nice taking my time and putting it back in the totes rather then shoving it in there and sitting on the lids to make them close. I even got rid of few things that we have not used for the past few years. We have also decided next year we will be buying a fresh tree. Which makes me gitty inside!  I think i might also make a new christmas tree skirt. I made the one we had the first year we were married.  I think after 12 years it's time to make a new one.

This year has been fun at a all the family gatherings we have kept it simple and that i think really helped. Christmas day the girls were so excited about santa coming they got up at 4:30 to peek at what he brought. I told them this mama is not getting out of bed till 6 am. and when the clocked turned 6 they ran back up to our room to let us know the time. Ha there cute!   The night before when we were preparing for santa arrival with his treats and milk, our dear dog rosie ate the 2 cookies on the plate so we had to leave dear ol saint nick a tupperware of cookies so that wouldn't happen again. And not just any cookies, gluten free cookies. Bella made him a note letting him know about what kind of cookies he was having and even left a spot for him to reply back!  Santa brought Bella a elf on the shelf, kate got shopkins, and henry got a tee pee.  They were all excited for sure.  We opened up the presents we got them and lounged around in our pi's all day.  Unfortunately i came down with a cold and same with Henry and Bella. So we took it easy and i even got a few naps in that day. But when your day consist of chocolate and sugar candy canes the kids will drive you nuts.  By dinner time i was ready for them to be in there beds and to lounge on the couch with the mr.

Overall i think this Christmas was great. I wish we didn't get colds but when you have kids your bound to be sick more!

Shaw side Christmas at Grandma Bette's




card game fun




i tried to get them all in for a picture before we opened presents

I tried to take a family picture but getting all of us to look is a joke!






bells letter to santa



hiding in the tee pee playing a game

kate singing carols

i got a new lens for my camera!!! week

she wanted a cute soft doll

i made them chalkboards for there rooms

gymnastic outfit

henrys lego table that we made is loved by the girls too




Haggenmiller side Christmas








Someone got a super hero outfit

the helicopters the boys got. They were flying all over the living room


everyone went out to play in the snow and sled

I got a coloring book. This took me a few hours to color. I forgot how much work they are and how much fun it is to color.








Comments

Popular Posts