Gluten Free Oatmeal Lace Cookies

This is a cookie i have never had before. I love making something that you see around the holiday but have never experience for yourself. I guess I'm a dare devil!!!! Was that convincing???? Nah.  I found this recipe from this site. You check out for yourself you want. I had to make it gluten free since it was not.

The original recipe made 60 cookies. I didn't want 60 of these cookies in my kitchen for two reasons. One if they didn't taste good, and second if they did taste good i would eat them ALL.

So here is the recipe i did that made 68 so glad i didn't go with the full recipe.

1 stick of butter
1 cup and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
and a pinch of salt

add those to  sauce pan a melt till sugar is dissolved.

In a bowl add

1 cup and 1 tbsp of gluten free oatmeal
1 1/2 tablespoon of gluten free flour
splash of vanilla
1 tsp of xanthun gum because my flour mixture doesn't have it. It's the glue that holds gf cookies together!
and then it called for one egg slightly beaten i did that and tried to make half of that!

add the sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.

Drop on silicone making mat by 1 tsp. they will spread

bake for 5-7 min. till there nice and golden brown. the more brown the better they come off the mat.

If your curious on how they taste they have this yummy nutty taste that come from the brown sugar. I would not recommend eating to many since its super sugary but they are a good cookie with afternoon coffee. They are a fun fancy cookie to impress your friends and family.  Go bake something you have seen and never tried for yourself.







Comments

Popular Posts