The Test Kitchen

I feel like my kitchen has become a test kitchen trying and experimenting with these gluten free flours to see what we like and don't like. First thing i wanted to try was making dinner rolls. Easter is this sunday and i planned to make a soup and some rolls to go along with it. I knew i didn't want frozen ones or store ones because frankly there not awesome.  I found a recipe in theYou still won't believe it's gluten free cookbook and whipped up the dough and the funny thing is you scoop the dough mixture with a  ice cream scoop because gluten free dough doesn't move the same as gluten dough. I scooped it up and placed it on my cookie sheet that was lined with a silicone baking mat and placed it in my slightly warm oven to rise for 30 min. Well when i went back to check it looked like i made a batch of cookies. Mmm interesting so i went back to the recipe and read through the ingredients and instructions and low in behold i forgot the 1/4 tsp of baking soda. You wouldn't think it would make a big difference but it must have. I baked them anyway, and they tasted not to shabby so i will try them again to see if i can get them to look like a roll instead of a cookie.


Second things on my list was to make a pizza crust. We have been taking a parenting class at school to help bridge the gap between teachers and parents. They help you ask the right questions and help you look for ways to help educate your child. I was not into it at first because i didn't want to spend the evening once a week at school but i have enjoyed it. Well they provide a meal before class and they wanted to do a pizza night. They have been so good about getting gluten free foods for Kate but they were ordering out and that made me nervous. So i asked if i can bring a pizza for kate to eat instead. They of course agreed!  So i am making a pizza crust from this gluten free blogger's site.  Check this site out it has some amazing looking recipes i wanting to try. The recipe was easy to follow and it turned out good. Well as good as gluten free pizza could be!  *Wink Wink* It's crazy you don't use a rolling pin to spread the dough you wet your hands and spread the dough into the shape you want. Kate loved it and that is what counts. She even reheated it for breakfast.
this is after i spread the dough and let it rise for 30 min.

I am looking through my million cookbooks that i checked out at the library to see what i want to try today!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts