Pretty Please with Sprinkles On Top!

I am standing on the top of a mountain screaming below.....I LOVE DONUTS !!!!!!!

That may sound crazy but it's not..... :)  That plus a good slice of bread is what i am missing most since our family has gone gluten free. Every Saturday was donut day at our house. Unhealthy yep.. But you only live once and they say everything in moderation is ok. You see how I can justify that!

I bought a donut pan at Target yesterday, and it was on sale so it was meant to be.

 I searched my trusting Pinterest for a recipe to use with the flours i have on hand.  You think the 9 flours i have would cover everything I would ever think to bake but you are so wrong. But I finally found a chocolate cake donut and whipped it up in no time flat.  I did one switch to the original recipe. I didn't have any sour cream so i used my vanilla yogurt. For the milk i used vanilla almond milk. Also i'm thinking next time I will switch out the oil for applesauce like i normally do to make it healthier.
it was like a brownie mix consisency 

only fill half way up!

 Make sure your using a gluten free oat flour and that it is packaged in a facility that won't cross contaminate it. I love Bob's Red Mill.

right out of the oven

I gave Henry a almost empty sprinkle container as a distraction while i was baking.


You bake these for 10 min. and then it's time to move on to the frosting....

The recipe that i found they used a powder sugar glaze and i was not feeling that so i found a another recipe for a chocolate glaze . I figure you might as well go all in if you are going to make them. Just to for warn you, you will have lots of frosting left over and the boys will probably grab a spoon and eat it from the bowl.
just runny enough to dip easy!


When they cool off you dip them in the frosting bowl and give them some sprinkle love. You can't have a cake donut without sprinkles!  Just to for warn you, you will have lots of frosting left over and the boys will probably grab a spoon and eat it from the bowl.

We enjoyed these after dinner, and all the kids were begging for a second one.... Ok every single one of us including the dog wanted a second one... I did do a calorie count and with the frosting on them it was only 140 calories....






Henry said it's finger lickin' good!


I have made so many new things lately my flour jars are emptying very quickly. Which is good because that means we are getting away from the processed stuff but that also means i need to order more and bigger quantities.


Comments

Popular Posts