Gluten Free Strawberry Scones

My bible study girls are coming over next Saturday for brunch... I am so excited! I am going to do part of the food,I really enjoy cooking and baking for people. I feel like we as a society have lost the ability to host people at our homes. We tend to meet people out at restaurants rather then having them at your own home. I love having people over so i can serve others. That may sound weird but it's one of my gifts and it brings me joy. I am not afraid to have conversations with  people but i feel like i should be entertaining them or playing games (which by the way Scott and i are not board gamers, which drive our kids crazy!) But all honestly people just want to have conversations face to face.  We are all looking for people to talk to rather then our phones or devices. Am I right?  This last year we have gotten a lot better about inviting people over to break that habit we have gotten into.

Well i don't want to make all new recipes and try them out on my girls, so i have been experimenting with stuff i could make next Saturday.  This recipe popped up on pinterest and it sounded yummy. I have never made scones before so what better time to start!

It came from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats but of course i did some changes. She has her own gluten free flour mix that she has made up. I didn't want to make it because it makes 9 cups. Plus what if i didn't like it?  So i used the flour mix that i made this week in place of hers. This mix i used came from Artisanal Gluten Free Cookbook

This recipe makes 3 cups

  • 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
  • 3/4 cup sorghum flour
  • 2/3 cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup potato starch
  • 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp potato flour
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
She also used coconut milk which i didn't have, so i used almond unsweetened silk. I also made my scones smaller and so i got 16 scones rather then 8. For the icing on the top of them i switched out the coconut coffee creamer with my silk milk again and added a splash of vanilla extract.

So Simple....

There is one thing i would change in the recipe i might add a bit more xanthan gum because they were not binding good together. But the taste was amazing!








I wish i was a better food photographer... I guess you get what you get!

Comments

Popular Posts