Chinese Take In Night

I don't know about you but I love chinese food.  I love to cook it myself because the ones at the buffets give me stomach aches for hours after.  I would say we eat chinese and stir fry's twice a week.  I like it because it gives the kids more veggies in the intake for the day!

Since we have gone gluten free i have had to modify my tried and true recipes to make them celiac friendly.  My family loves orange chicken and i found awhile ago a lighter version that doesn't fry the chicken before tossing it in the orange sauce. This recipe comes from Cordon Pink and i had to modify a few things while making it to work with our food restrictions. First you have to coat the chicken in flour before cooking in the oil and so i picked brown rice flour from the millions of gluten free flours sitting in my fridge. I basically did a in-e minn-e mo technique and it worked out perfect it wasn't a strong flour taste and it browned up nicely.  Then i also switched up the soy sauce in the orange sauce mixture with San-J's tamari sauce -reduced sodium one.  It turned out delish as always. I think the kids really like when this dish is on the menu because it's the only time they get orange juice.

I am tired of rice, pacifically white rice. My kids only like white rice & jasmine rice.  So i decided to try a fried rice recipe.  I have bought the trader joes fried rice in the freezer section for a switch out before but that is not gluten free so i found this yummy looking recipe on pinterest and it was a big hit at our house for dinner. Yay because i doubled the recipe the first time i made it. Yay i guess looking back at it was pretty risky to double a recipe you never had before. But i thought it would be great for kate's school lunch box the next day. The recipe came from Cooking Classy. I totally recommend doubling it because fried rice is amazing day two. And of course i used the reduced sodium Tamari sauce in place of soy sauce.

Now i need to learn to make a gluten free egg roll!!!! I saw a recipe on making your own egg roll wrapper but looked like a lot of work. I would be prepping my dinner all after noon for a 10 min. meal. Mmmm I'll add that to my someday list.

Do you love Chinese food as much as me? Any tried and true recipes you love?


Comments

Popular Posts