Nursery Project

Yep... We did another project for the nursery!  What can we say we love adding little touches to the little man's room.  He might appreciate it later in life or he might just think his mom is a crazy lady!  Well I have a thing with making sure all of our kids had there names on there nursery wall.  Bella had cute colorful foam letters which she has still {even though we moved houses}, Kate i painted her name on wall above her crib.  Which is no longer there because we changed her wall paint color, which I should repaint it or do something for her .  So I thought I better do a wood cut out to put up so when I change his wall color down the wall he will still have it.

Went to the Home Depot to get some pine wood, recommend by Uncle Tim.  I luckily found a huge board for 9.00 on clearance!  I brought it up toTim's house to have Scott and him cut out the letters I sketched on there.  After we got there we decided to make the letters a little more thicker, so Anna plumped up my letters for me a smidge.  Then the boys stood outside in the super duper cold garage and cut them out for me!  Yeah.... Thanks guys!  Then when i got home i spent some time sanding them down nice and smooth, which took forever.  I gave them a coat of white paint to prime them up, and then sent Scott to the store with a sample of our crib bumper so he could match up the orange!  Luckily they had a color that was a perfect match..... And walla..... Sunday morning project of hanging them up on the wall.  I think it makes the room feel more complete. And the whole project cost me less then 5.00 bucks, because i still have wood left from the big board!



This is the view as you walk into the room


Now all I have to do is make the turquoise crib skirt!

Tomorrow we have the ultrasound to check Henry's weight and such.... Now watch when they double check his gender it's going to be a girl now that I put his name on the wall!  My brother Ryan said i could name her Henrietta, if she turns out to be a girl!  Sorry... I dont think so

Comments

Popular Posts