Zipper Goal

I woke up today feeling much better, thanks to my night time drugs Scott got me.  I am home by myself for a couple hours! Yeah to peace and quiet.  Scott and the girls are at the Y, thanks to our friend Amy who has massive amounts of guest passes. I figured i would do a little pintresting!  And of course i wondered over to DIY to see what they have for bags. It inspired me to figure out my New Years resolution that i set for my DIY goals, which was to learn to put in that darn zipper. When i need to figure out how to do something i turn to my dear friend You tube.  What can be better then a video explaining how to do something step by step.  I found a great video here.  First I had to figure out how to put the zipper foot on my sewing machine.  I found the zipper foot in the bottom of my accessories tote and dug out that instruction book. Yeah i looked at it!  Which did nothing for me. So i took the whole foot apart using my sew driver, saying to myself you are smarter then this machine. Some how talking to it doesn't make it work out faster but some times you just need a pep talk. Then I found a lever thing and realized i didn't need to take the whole foot apart. It has a quick release button so i can exchange the foot quickly.  Duh Ang!  Oh well now i know!  And then  i followed along with the you tube video using some scrap fabric and a zipper i found in my sewing bin. I would've made a zipper pouch like she did in the video but i was a little scared to cut the zipper and since i only had a 14 in zipper i thought i would make a 14 in wide bag. I like to go BIG, i guess!  Mission accomplished. Why was i so scared to do this before?  It's amazing how fear can control your life!

I am planning to go the fabric outlet in Brooklyn Park in the next few days to get some fabric. I am kinda bored with Joann's and  i think they all know me by now! I don't know if I want a name tag labeled the bag lady! I love SR Harris Fabrics. It's overwhelming and fun at the same time. It has fabric that goes up to the ceilings of a warehouse. Everything is half off the regular price, and you cut your own material. You name it they have it.

Comments

  1. good for you conquering your mountain(that darn zipper thing)I knew you could do it. now to learn how to read the patterns. all you have to do it set your mind on it. happy crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading patterns might have to be next years resolution!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts