Do you ever do the stuff you pin?

I have always wondered if anyone makes the stuff they pin off pinterest? So many people pin food they would like to try, or diy they love to make, clothes they like to wear, or gardens they dream about.  But do they actually do?  This chic does! In the beginning i would check out pinterest and save the sites i loved, but then I gave in and signed up. That way i didnt have to bookmark all those things i loved and try to remember where i saved them.  Plus it has categories with photos to make it easy to do a quick reference.  I love to cook and bake so i tend to do a lot of trying out pinterest recipes. Some are bad and a lot of them are delish!  I also love DIY, which you already knew!  I learned how to make a fabric flower from there, i get great ideas for improving my bags, i made adorable dog ties, found fun recipes for making glow in the dark slime, I made a dry erase menu board using a picture frame and craft paper, and i can keep on going.  Plus if i need a tip on how to clean something around my house i search pinterest before google now. Wazzza!

Today i am trying a recipe i pinned a few days back, on how to make cinnamon apple chips. Today is like super duper cold out -12 degrees with a 10 mph wind out there. My furnace has kicked in way more times then normal. So i wanted to heat up my house with some yummy treats. Plus i have a 3pm snack attack everyday at that time.


Cinnamon Apple Chips
Take a apple and core it, then slice it thin.
Layer the apple slices on a pan lined with parchment paper
Sprinkle cinnamon on the top
Place in the oven at 275 degrees for one hour
After 1 hour flip and check every 15 min. till it the right crispness.
Cool and enjoy!
Pre Bake Photo!
After Baking!
I sure hope they make it till 3pm snack time.


Also i tried out last week was the Strawberry Banana Bites I found off Pinterest.
They sounded so good. And the best part I had about 85% of the stuff already.  So I just improvised the rest.  I didn't have any applesauce because my kids love it! I like to keep it as a staple in my pantry. It works great for cutting down the calories in recipes by substituting anything that calls for oil with the applesauce. So since i didn't have that ingredient i took a couple apples and sliced them up and put them in a sauce pan with some water and covered the pot and cooked them down. Also I didn't have any nutmeg in the house. During Christmas and Thanksgiving i seem to go thru that a lot and so I used pumpkin pie spice. Also I didn't have gluten free oats so i just used regular oats. It turned out delish!  But i think i would change the recipe to half  because they were so good the first day and then the second day they seem to get soggy.  The best part of the cookie was the strawberries. Maybe i would add mini chocolate chips next time, but that is my evil chocolate side showing.
Here is the link to the recipe.

Also I tried a vegan recipe off of pinterest. Called Cannellini Bean Meatballs. They were ok. but the texture wasn't my favorite. It's hard to make a bean have the same texture as a meat. But I do have to say i was hoping they were good, because i love beans. Scott and I ate them, the girls were not fans.  But the picture sure does look good!

Here is the recipe with step by steps with photos.

Ok, totally off subject but I lost another pound. Yeah! I was getting frustrated with myself because i haven't lost a pound in some time and after a really good zumba class last night i was able to drop it. Yeah to sweating and dancing. It was so much fun and my arms are really sore today from it. I have to say it's a whole lot harder to lose weight at home. There is more temptations, and when you don't have your gym membership anymore it harder to motivate yourself to get on that boring treadmill. I miss my gym family! We visit them once in awhile thanks to everyone we know having tons of guest passes. 
I have dropped 4 of these gross fat photos since the beginning of the year. Getting closer to my goal slowly but surely.


 
Here is a nasty visual of 1 lb. Crazy huh? Talk about motivation!

Comments

Popular Posts