slow and steady changes

Ok. At our house for the last 25 days we have been really cracking down on eating right and really kicking up our exercise each day.  I also got my mother in law, sister in law, and my sister in law's mother in law in on our slim down plan. Everyone should have accountability partners, right?  We all make sure we are eating good and working out daily.  Let me say we are really bringing in this new year on a skinny note!  So far Scott has lost 13 pounds, and I have lost 4 pounds, and they other 3 have lost a total of 16 pounds. Awesome!  But last night i cracked  out the tape measure and thought i would see how i am doing with my measurements. I have had this piece of paper of my measurements since last April. I was so happy to see the numbers. So last July was my smallest size i have been in a really long time and I'm so close to being back to that size.  I need to lose another .5" on my waist, 2" on my buttocks, and 1 more inch on my thighs.  I guess the number on the scale isn't that important as long as you are slimming down with great muscle tone.  I have really enjoyed zumba dancing to burn calories, instead of being on the boring treadmill. So far on the treadmill i have been walking at a fast pace getting my body back to exercising more intense.  Last week i began running and walking at a fast pace thru out the 30 min.  Slowly but surely i will be able to run again for at least 30 min. straight. I do have to say running isn't my favorite but you sure feel good afterwards.  It's just the motivation to take the first step to work out each day.  If anyone want to join the get skinny club let me know. Everyone I mention above is great at motivating each other, sharing tips on snacks, and challenging each other to fun workouts.

A funny note!  We really haven't had any hamburger in about a month and last night for supper Scott cooked up hamburgers.  I walked into the kitchen to see how it was coming along and i was so grossed out by the smell, and the taste of it. Weird! I thought I really loved burgers. I have cooked up turkey burgers loaded with fresh basil for the last few months and they are so good!  I even had a beef burger loving friend over and he thought my turkey burgers were delish. I think i can continue on with my ground turkey instead of ground beef longer, i don't think I'm missing anything.  But don't get me wrong i love steak! And there is not substitute for that.

Now it's time to go outside and shovel! And the kids can wear off some of the energy playing in the yard.  MN winter has arrived finally!

Comments

Popular Posts