Water Balooza

Today was a fun filled day here at the Haggenmiller house.

We loaded up the family and headed down to the river to search for rocks. Yeah Rocks!  We were going to do a little painting and make bright cheerful rocks for the garden. Well it was a big challenge because the spots that are easy to get to where covered in cement. I guess it's a safety thing.  No clue.  So finally I found a spot that had some bigger rocks to pick from but the kids couldn't follow.  And the girls were excited to stick there feet in the river.




As soon as we pulled in the driveway they were hyped to paint there rocks.  So i filled the paint tray with lots of acrylic paint and set them free to make designs on the rocks.

 Kate seem to gravitate towards Black. Which they deemed Scotts color.  HeHeeee. I guess because he wears a lot black shirts.  Her rocks had so much paint on them they were dripping paint off of them.


 And Bella made rainbows, crosses, Elmo's and flowers.  I even joined in on it. I guess i still enjoy painting rocks like i did as a kid.

Soon after we had a family picnic in the backyard.  I marinated chicken the night before. It's my favorite marinade for chicken ever.  Take a zip lock and place about 4 chicken breast or big pack of chicken legs in there add good handful of fresh rosemary diced  up, about 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1/3 cup of soy sauce, spoonful of diced garlic, and about 2 tbsp of olive oil and let marinated for the day. Delish!
So i grilled that up and make a new potato salad to go along with it.  It's called Bacon Ranch Potato Salad. Not bad it seems like it was missing something. Needs to be tweaked a little. Then a big bowl of fresh Strawberries.  I love when we get to eat as a family outside in the yard.  Special Moment........

Then around 4 o'clock we headed over to St. Anthony area to hang out with some friends and let the kids play in the parks splash pad.  They had a blast..... If you ask me it was really chilly water i don't know how they could stand being in there for 3 1/2 hrs.  I guess it's a kid thing.  I know I'm super tuckered out after a day of fun in the sun.






Comments

Popular Posts