I'm so Screaming YELLOW

Well we are finally able to enjoy our whole house today. We only have a air conditioning in our bedroom, so we have spent the last two days upstairs.  Literally! Which means i wasnt able to finish my project i was working on. Super high humidity and painting dont go hand and hand.

So i picked up this small dresser off of Craigslist. Took the hardware off  and gave it a sanding to get rid of the shiny surface. Then a coat of primer, so the paint will stick and not scratch off.

Then I headed to Home Depot looking for a yellow paint sample but wasnt finding the right shade. I had a vision in my head of what yellow i wanted. Then i walked past a pillow i made at home and had to do a double take. It was the yellow i was looking for and it was right in front of my face the whole time. So i took it a fabric sample into menards to have them color patch and the guy gave me a look like Really? And i was like Yep, Not Kidding.... But he gave me this long speach about how fabric is hard to read because of all the Blah Blah Blah. I totally stopped listening after he started talking because he didnt sound like he was going to be able to do it. But i found a paint sample there that was pretty close.Called  Go Go Marigold.  In Satin.  While that was mixing i ran to the spray paint aisle and grabbed a bottle of gray. I love yellow and gray. It makes me smile.



Went home will the kids were eating breakfast and started painting the dresser before the figured out i was home. They always want to paint along with me. Which doesn't always work. While the first coat dried, i started spray painting the gray pulls. Then the rest is history!



I think my yellow dresser will be a great addition to anyones entry way, or craft room. And this begins my journey of re inspiring old furniture.

Comments

Popular Posts