Garbage Day

It's amazing what you find on the side of the road on garbage day. The Mr. came home with a 3 drawer dresser. But each drawer and side was covered in palm tree contact paper.

So i took that layer off and discovered a layer of pink wallpaper underneath. Who does that?

  I'm still working on peeling all the layers off. I even made Scott join me since he was the one to bring it home.  But it's a really nice dresser under all that ugly paper. I read if you use fabric softener it should help. I made a trip to the dollar store to pick me up a bottle.

 So i sprayed it on and waited about 15 min. It helped a little but it's going to take some muscle work.

But i did tackle my orange chair today. Which included a trip to Hancock fabric. They were having a big sale so i got everything 50% off. I was a little undeceive and it took me 1 hour to pick out a little piece of fabric. So i ended up with a cute purple fabric, and a zebra print. So I began ripping off the plastic from the seat and they only used about 786 staples to secure it. So passed the job to Scott to finish.  He thinks this chair was from the catholic church, because it smells like incents.  If anyone is interested i can send you the orange fabric.

I gave the chair a coat of primer but it was really hard to get in all the curves, so i decided to spray painted my chair. I used  a gloss black. Then laid the two fabrics on to see which one i liked.



 In the end i went with the zebra print.  It's my new office chair.

Our family received a amazing gift today. We got a letter in the mail from our small group at our church. We just recently stop going because we couldn't afford to pay daycare while we had our small group time. And they each wrote on a card telling us there praying for all the change we are having and encouraging us on the journey. And as a group they gave us a gift card to cub foods for grocery's for the month. It's amazing to be so blessed with people that care for each other.  Ever since we have attended Eagle Brook Church we have had such amazing support and generosity. Yes it's a super large church but it's a church with amazing caring families that are there for you every step of the way.  I have never felt that way about a church before. I'm so glad he lead us to this place, it is just where we needed to be.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts