My love for Gray furniture

So I began my day like most mornings taking Rosie out for a bike ride. Well on the way to the lake there was a garage sale. It dawned on me, I can go to them now. So after the wee little ladies woke up i gave them each two dollars to put in there purses and went to the garage sale. Oh course Kate spend her two dollars at the first sale and Bella scored on two small doll house dolls for  .20cents. And Mom zero. Oh well lets keep looking for more garage sales. 2nd sale nothing again. 3rd nope. And then comes number 4. I do have to admit its a lot of work to take the kids to garage sales with you. In and out takes time. But it has been getting easier now that they can unstrap there seat belts by themselves. But the worst is when they have a melt down because they didn't buy something at every place. Oh but back to garage sale number 4. I so scored on a cute desk. It was a little different which made me love it more. I think it could be a great vanity because it has open shelves on the side for baskets. But i have a problem when i don't have Scott with and his lovely wagon its hard to buy bigger stuff. It didn't fit in the trunk of my car. The man was so nice to offer to drive it to my place. He didn't ask for any gas money, but i gave him a few buck for being so kind.  As he was getting in his SUV he made a little comment. " Your husband going to have fun sanding that thing". Well obviously he doesn't know me.


So I turned on the sprinkler and put the swim suits on for the girls to keep them busy. And began sanding away.  I had a funny moment when i was painting it in the driveway, a lady out taking a walk scared me half to death. {i do startle easy} "said that is so cute". She came up and check it out and told her i like to buy pieces and repaint them and sell. She loved my dresser in the garage too. She was wondering if i maybe could redo a couple of pieces in her house for her. WOW!!!!!! That's awesome. Plus her daughter has waterfall dressers and hates them. Thinks maybe i could repaint those and she might keep them.


Wouldnt this be so cute with a couple of baskets on the shelves.

I do have to say "I was so meant to stay home and do the stuff i enjoy"  It's not about making tons of money its about doing what you love.

Here are some pretty flowers from the backyard garden. The purple flower is from my Great Grandma Caley's flower garden. I miss her so much!

Comments

  1. your work has inspired me. thank you!!
    I miss Grandma Caley soooooo much too. thinking of her being gone still brings tears to my eyes. she would have so loved to be a part in all you and your family does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts