The sweetest family on earth

So tonight was the night where we are finally able to meet the family that adopted us. I was very nervous all weekend, and i was so scared that we might have a weird silence. But I could not ask for a nicer family. Our kids really hit it off, and there only month difference between each of our kids. They trenched thru our crazy snow storm to get here. And they came with so many presents. Our kids were so excited to open them and there kids were so excited for them to open it. Bella got a present that she had been so excited to get, a unicorn pillow pet. So was happy she hugged everyone. Which if you know Bella she is a little shy at hugs. They got the kids toys and pj's, couple sets of clothes, hat and mittens, magnet wooden doll set, color books and markers. And a gift card for the family. Way more then we could ever fathom. The girls had such big smiles on there faces. I think we have some great new friends. I'm hoping that we will be able to get together again. I think god puts people in your life at just the right time. Its not the presents that brought such joy to me, but the thought that someone else wants to do that much for a complete stranger. I wish more people would be able to experience that in there lives. There so much talking about doing stuff for others and not enough action. Here is example of a great moment i witnessed a couple months back. We went out to the dq for family date night and a boy walks in and he is asking the cashier how much stuff is and counting how much he has, and the lady behind him says this one is on me get what you want. I almost cried just watching it and it makes me tear up now just thinking about it. I wish i am able to step in when there is a need to be met for someone. I love how god works thru you everyday. Challenge yourself and be that lady that was there for that little kid.

Comments

  1. Angie You and your family have witnessed the real meaning of Christmas I wish others could realize that it is giving that brings joy. I think you would find that the family that adopted your family this Christmas has recieved more then you. Merry Christmas, Grandpa and I could not be more proud of you and Scott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts