Enjoying our time

Yesterday we lounged around the house, did a few errands and dressed up to go to church. While we were there we had a ham cooking back at home waiting for us to get home. I made some au gratins and mixed veggies to go along with it. For a person who doesn't really enjoy ham it was tasty. Then we turned on the veggie tale movie about st. Nicholas. Then it was off to bed. Well Bella sure took her time, i was thinking i would have to set the alarm to get up to place some surprises under the tree but i left it to the night owl daddy for that job. I think i was out of bed with a cup of coffee in my hand at 6:20 waiting for my sweet sleeping princess to wake. Well maybe after many laps around the house i did stir them a little. It didn't take much when you say "presents". So the unwrapping began and they really enjoyed all the presents they received. But the funniest part of all the hide and seek bunny that she begged Santa for she forget to play with. MMMMM i could've saved some mooooollla. Oh well Kate sure seems to enjoy it but doesn't understand the concept, she hides from him then call yells i found you. cute ;) We are still currently in our pj's and getting a little restless at home. I havent convinced daddy to go sledding tonight. But we have tackled all the toy fights for the most part. "she's playing with my toy" wow it's intense! Grandma and grandpa Shaw called thru skype this morning to watch the girls open there presents they sent. I even gave them a view of all the mounds of snow we have. It's so beautiful, it reminds me of the winters we had as a kid. Then it was time to do some online shopping for myself. You see my sweet husband saved his plasma donation money for my Christmas present and let me decide what to spend it on. And i have been interested in the kindle. For all of you that don't know what that is, it's a device that allows you to order books thru wifi and downloads them onto the device. No more buying expensive books anymore. Most of the books are 9.99.It even allows you to look at blogs and post stuff you highlighted in your books to facebook and such. As you can tell I'm super stoked. Now i just have to wait 5 business days. Tomorrow we are heading up to Mora to have Christmas with the Haggenmiller's. It's a fun Christmas theme this year. I would say it's called Over the Top, which means everyone must dress in Christmas entire to the nines. I might just post a pic. tomorrow to give you a idea. And all party's must have a theme, and we are eating Mexican food. So this chic did something she doesn't normally do...... I bought Velveeta! I know...... I even had to ask where to find it in the store. Ha ha i made a Chile con queso. It makes me feel a little better that in my bag of food packed for the north is a handful of clemintines. and maybe a bag of my favorite popcorn Angie's kettle corn. Well now time to think about how can i use 8 more pounds of ham thru out the next weeks. I hope your Christmas was enjoyed as ours.

Comments

Popular Posts