Serger Fun

Well my girls are at Grandma & Grandpa's house for the week so that leaves me with just my lil man during the day... And i happened to receive my birthday present a bit early from my parents so i took advantage of nap time today.  I was given this amazing serger..... It's awesome and scary at the same time.... Man these machines are very intimidating!  

So I took a trip to JoAnn's this morning to find 6 yds of jersey/ knit material to make a baby carrier wrap. I have one but i would like a couple of different colors. But I didn't want to pay the price they are selling them for, when i know i can make my own. I wear it so often i feel like it's become part of my wardrobe! So i thought this would be a perfect first project for my serger. Luckily the lil guy went down for his nap and i was able to play!

 Well first I had to change the thread because i was sewing with darker material, and the machine was threaded with white thread. I think it took me 30 min. to change it out give or take!  Then i cut out my material by using my Boba wrap as a template.

  I took a scrap piece and tried out the machine to make sure i threaded it right. Score it worked perfect! It took me about 5 min. to sew a 6 yd wrap. Man it looks so professional on the edges that I sewed!  I also picked out a  1/2 yd cotton material to sew on the middle of the wrap.  This is where it covers your babies back.  It will give it a little flair to the wrap!
Fun little bird material

And Whatta~Bing a new wrap! He woke up just as I was cleaning up my sewing mess! Perfect timing so i can test it out.
Yep Geeky Mom Pic


That's one happy baby

It's not as stretchy as my boba but it still does it job!

I have enough to make one more wrap, or i might make the girls there own baby wrap for the dolls.  They love to bring dolls to the park or when we are off doing errands. I think they would like that!

Thanks Mom & Dad for my birthday present... I cant wait to see what else I'll being sewing soon!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts