what's New

I am feeling stuck in a rut. We eat overall pretty healthy but im getting bored with the same ingredients. Maybe i need to make a run to eastside coop and see what they have new. Its always great finding healthy food/ extra's to thru in the food i am already makin. And the best part is they dont even know they are getting extra goodness. Dont tell the family :) Does anyone have suggestions on some healthy ingredients to try out? Kier i think im going to try to make almond nut butter, yours looked good.

Comments

  1. We normally just check for what looks fresh - you are luck to have a coop so close! (is it close?!)

    Do make the nut butter! I brought some to MN this past weekend and my family loved it! Next time I am going to throw some cinnamon into the mix, and maybe some maple syrup or flavoring.

    Need an idea for dessert? Freeze some bananas, throw them into a food processor and let it whirl for a few minutes (will go from looking like dippin' dots to soft serve, just give it time!). Banana soft serve ice cream - yum! I made this yesterday and threw in some chocolate chips as well, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was thinking we should make a family cookbook. I made one for the inlaw family for christmas a few years back and everyone had to send me there family's favorite recipes and used a three ring binder with page protectors to hold them. Its one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts