Gender????????


So Yesterday we had the big halfway thru pregnancy ultrasound..... Seriously i was so nervous about it all day.  So when i get nervous or upset i power clean...... I mean my house is squeaky clean but i was still nervous about finding out what the gender was. We got in the room and I laid down, she asked us if we wanted to know the gender.  My first words were no, write down i will look later! Scott, was like what?  Are you crazy? Just find out.  Well he won.  Well if you have ever had one of these scans done you would know, that gender is the last thing they check for.  They check the heart, kidneys, placenta and yadda yadda ya.  Then they finally get around to checking that!  But this sweet baby was being stuboard and not letting the tech get a good pic. of the heart.  It took her about 20 min. of me moving around, emptying my badder, and moving some more to get this baby in the right position.  

There is tv screen in front of you so you can see what she is looking at during the scan.  Finally she begins typing and i don't have my glasses on so it more of a guessing game.  I see the words gender-- typed.  And then i sit up and read MALE.  I was like does that say male? Are you sure, check again!  Oh my word boys don't happen i our family!  Oh my, Oh my.... Then we high fived!  Eeekkkkk 
This is what i texted to the family to let them know what the gender was.  

The last few minutes she did a couple videos of the this cute little boy and he did a few fist pumps,  he sucked his thumb, and even stuck out his tongue.  I cant wait to get a report from the Dr. to make sure everything i saw looked good. Tech's never tell you if they see something wrong... And he is measuring 5 days earlier then my due date.  

I don't think it really set in till this morning that it was real.  It's still so amazing!  I can shop for clothes in the boy section, i can buy those cute little ties. I dont even know what else boys wear because i haven't bought much boys clothes!  I'm thrilled!  Maybe even start painting the nursery this coming week. Scott's thinking airplane room, and i was thinking bicycle themed. Or maybe it will be transportation room!  I keep thinking i buy all this boys stuff and when he is born it turned out it was a girl! I sure hope they were right!

And someday we can finally narrow down a boys name.  Everybody and there mother have a opinion on names.  And there not afraid to tell you! Girls names are easier to come up with then boys for some reason.  If it was a girl i think we would have gone with Amelia Elaine. But that name is up for stealing now because we dont need it!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts