Wandering half pint

Do you want to hear a crazy story?

I just back from dropping Bella off at the school bus and giving Kate her snack, and i just sat down on my computer in my office. I looked outside the window and i see a little girl about 2 1/2 - 3 year old dressed in pink outside wear walking thru my yard and heading towards our neighbors house across the street. So i did a quick search out of the window to see why her parents would let her walk in our yard and on the road by herself.  But there wasn't anyone out there. So I ran outside and chased her down.  And she said she wanted to see her Grandpa, So I knocked on the neighbor's door to see if it was his granddaughter. And no it was not......... Oh my word.......... But our neighbor Dave walks 2x's  a day and know this neighborhood so well. He has lived around her for a long time,and  he is the nicest guy!  He thought she must have followed him home after he waved to them as he walked by.  She lived around the corner and down a little bit from our house.  

Kate was totally engrossed in her Super Why show so i knew I had 10 min. to run her home and get back before she knew I was gone.  I just wished I grabbed my coat as I ran out the house, It super windy and chilly here today!

I carried her back to where he saw a bunch of kids playing in the yard. I knocked on the door and Grandma answers and was wondering why I was holding her granddaughter.  So I explained where I found her, and she was very shocked!  She didn't even know she wandered off. She assumed she was playing with the other 4 kids in the backyard. She thanked me. And then I ran home. Crazy .......... I'm so glad I saw her and was able to bring her home safely. I would hope that someone would do the same thing for me if my kids happen to wonder off.

This neighborhood has a lot of wandering things, but usually it's just a cute dog.  I hope I never have to see a wandering kid again.

Comments

Popular Posts