Polka Dot Helmet Tutorial

O.k. I have to admit i'm not a fan of helmets in general! Being a women with curly hair, it feels like a crime to make all that hair be shoved into a helmet.  Plus helmets are just not that cute! So i was going to find a helmet that was girly without being covered in PINK! Seriously do all these helmet companies think women will only wear pink helmets? Nope..... I searched like 6 stores and left empty handed each time, I also found some online but it's kinda a thing where you need to try them on before buying something you cant return.

So being the crafty women that I am, I came up with a plan!    You see in my previous post I loved the polka dot helmets but one was to pricey and the other one is a online purchase. Plus I love being able to change my looks when i want without having to keep buying another accessories.  So I thought i would try my hand with vinyl adhesive. I mean those wall vinyls are hot right now, and if you have a cricut cutter they sell a kit that has 2 sheets of vinyl adhesive, and you can cut out designs with your cricut cutter. Well I dont have one of those fancy machines but I do have a circle cutter. I bought my vinyl adhesive at JoAnn's and there located right next to all the cricut supplies for $9.99 a kit. But since i had a handy dandy coupon it was a whole $5.00!

So here is how I did it!

Before




First you need a circle cutter and a sheet of vinyl adhesive. I have a curvy cutter circle cutter{very handy} You can pick the size of the circle you want. I decided i would go with the small size it cuts. Which is about 2" around.


Then I put tape on the corner of my sheet of adhesive to it wouldn't move while i was cutting the circles

I cut out 12 circles which was more then enough

Then I enlisted my handy husband to figure out the placement with me. We just lightly pressed them on so we can pull them back up to move them if we needed to! Which we did.......


After that we made sure every dot was just where we wanted it we pressed them down. And got all the air bubbles out!

And watta bing you got a cute girly helmet that has lots of personality!




The best part is if you get bored take them back off, and pick a new style you want to do!  It won't harm your  helmet or leave any residue behind. Now go ride, and be safe looking cute in your helmet!


Comments

  1. so when did you get the scooter? looks cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It turned out SUPER cute! Plus, it looks like you bought the designer one...no one would ever know! (besides the fact that you did this tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I think we have had the scooter maybe a month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts