Spring Organization

I love being able to put away all the winter gear and storage and get the house back to summer look.  Since we dont have a basement or much storage space in the garage our 3 season porch and back shed have become our major storage for the bigger stuff for the kids outdoor gear.  So when spring rolls around i look forward to clearing that all out and having my summer reading and relaxing room back.

And since we are having fabulous weather i thought i would seize the opportunity and do a little cleaning and organizing this morning.  First i cleared out all the play equipment and removed all  my flower pots. And began to de-webb my ceiling. Gross i hate spider webbs!  And  vacuumed my area rug and then the fun started.. Figuring out what went back in.  I would like to paint my floor this summer and maybe even paint that brick wall.  Add some curtains to have some privacy when we are out reading in the evenings.  And this year i plant to use the built in flower box in that brick wall under the windows. I have never planted anything in it before but i think it would make a great herb garden.

 This is the view as you come in the porch from outside!
 This is my favorite rocking chair.  Great for morning coffees and reading. Plus i can see the kids jumping on the trampoline from that chair!
 This is the view looking from the inside of the house to the porch
 view from the inside looking towards the porch going to the outside
under those windows are the built in flower boxes, which soon will be my herb garden!

After i finished that the girls got the cleaning bug too! So they took my mop bucket and started washing my floors. And before i knew it they had washed the whole house on the hand and knees.  They said they were Cinderella! Silly chics..... They said it sure looks sparkly, doesnt it mom?  Now if i can only get them to clean there rooms!

Comments

Popular Posts