A peek into project land

Wahooo i'm taking a short break from endless projects that have gone on for the last 6 days! Seriously I cant complain i decided to do them, and i love doing projects around the house.  There is something about spring that gives me a extra pep in my step to do a little revamping around the house.   So I will give you a recap of the last 6 days.

Friday~  I pulled out the best pallets from our pallet pile. Yes! I have a pallet pile, seriously they are very handle little pieces of wood.  So i set them up to see how big I wanted to make our compost bin.   And then I waited patiently for Scott to get home so he can get his power tools out to cut them to size!  And the Mr. went all fancy on me, he made the tops to match our fence that sits next to it.




Then we made a trip to the Home Depot to get our lumber for our raised vegetable beds. And for some reason i cant avoid the paint section when i go there. I love opps paint. Well it was Kate's lucky night we found a purple in the pile, and she wanted it so bad she had her hands smushed together and was bagging for it. It was meant to be because i was just saying she needed her room repainted.
 We could only fit one garden bed amount of lumber in the car at a time. Which was ok. It gave us a chance to build the first one and see if we wanted to add or change anything before going again to the store. So we built it and carried it to where we wanted it to go. Seriously they are heavy!  I just kept saying it must be like what they do in Boot Camp at the YMCA.  We did end up tweaking it after all, we were originally were planning on making two 16" long  beds and instead we decided to do 2  8" foot beds. And then i thought we should have a little bench along the three sides.  Cause you should have a little luxury while slaving over your produce.  :) Then it was time to prep Kate's walls for painting, After that we so called it a night.

Saturday~ Early Saturday morning i couldn't wait to get out to bed to get to the lumber store again to get the second round of lumber for the garden. So I sent Scott while i waited for the sleeping beauties to wake up. Then put on our gloves and got to work. Man those girls really wanted to hammer away, but they are just to young for breaking off a finger nail yet!  It was fun to work on  project with the Mr. we don't have that happen to often.  Then it was time again to move that 923 pound raised bed to the spot it was going to rest. Seriously i had sweat rolling down my forehead.  Then we had to dig them out so they will fit perfect in the hill of the yard.  I also turned the dirt so the grass would die and i can lay the weed protection fabric.  They are not done yet, Scott still has to put the bench on the two sides. He has last bite sin drum, where he gets so close to finishing something and instead moves on to something else to work on.



Then it was time to tackle the spot around the strawberries in the corner of the yard by the driveway. I have hated this spot of the yard since we move here. It was a big mess of shrubs and trees when we moved in and i couldn't see to back out of the driveway so we removed them but the stumps where still there and a bunch of small rocks they put in.  So I raked it to remove some of the rocks and scott got his saws~all out and cut them stumps down as best as it could go.  Then another trip to the depot. So glad we live a few steps from there...... I got some top soil and grass seeds and I prayed that it takes and makes that little corner look half way ok.

Then it was time to do a little family painting.  Scott finished up the painting on the bottom of our brick wall on the front of the house. We had to paint before the day lilies popped up anymore. And I started painting Kate's room. I love the reaction you get when you do something for your kids. She was all smiles and couldn't stop telling me she loved the purple. And I love that this costed me a whole $7.00 to redo her room.  This was great because it also have me a chance to clean out and get rid of stuff she has outgrown playing with. I still haven't finished it yet, I want to make new curtains for her and also i wanted to do big white polka dots on her one wall. I saw this room on pinterest and I loved it. And I have to re write her name on her room again, she made that request! It was a little hard to paint over her bedroom, i painted that room when i was pregnant with her.
 This is her wall before, it's a light green with her name on the wall. We also had flower/butterfly stickers around her whole room.


Sunday~ was a day of cleaning up all the mess we made Friday and Saturday. Man total damage control!

Monday~ My dear friend Jenny that i used to work with came over and helped me decide what i am going to do with my dining room. It was yellow and i have never liked it, plus it showed ever piece of food the kids have flung on the wall.  Jenny and I have always shared a love of decorating and when we worked together in peoples home we would talk about what we liked and dislike and how we would change this room if it was our home. She has started her own cleaning business, and also does redecorating which also includes painting. She has talked about this since forever, glad to see her doing it. So if you need any cleaning or redecorating let me know i will pass her info to you!  So we  loaded the car and went to go look at paint samples and came home to pick the lucky color i would paint.  It was between two colors and I asked Scott what color he liked and it ended up being the same choice as mine. Yeah that never happens. This is the Before



Tuesday~  I ended up going with a slate color similar to the living room color, just darker. It's called dragonfly!  It didn't take me long to paint since it's a small! I decided not to put everything i had on the wall before back up, but it sure feels bare. I need to figure it out what to do with the wall by the dining room table.... Sometimes it's good to sit with it and figure it out!





So that is my crazy week of projects. Cant wait to see what i pick to do next!

Comments

  1. WOW everything looks so great. You sure got a lot done in those 6 days. I like your raised beds with the neat places to sit on one side. Grandpa and I are getting ready for our new veg. garden too. We hauled home the 11 posts and the fenceing wire to keep out the deer and rabbits so next is to have someone come in with a huge tiller and then we can get everything in and ready to plant. Isn't Spring great!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts