My Juicing Experience

Okay i was at it again researching different juicers. And searched Criagslist for deals on them, finally the Mr. and I decided it was time to get out of the house for awhile. Some how we ended up at Walmart, not my first choice of places but we did leave with a new juicer. Actually the floor model because they were sold out of all the one we wanted. Crazy! There must be a juice craze going on. Because all the ones on craigslist were sold as soon as they were posted.  We went with the Jack LaLanne Juicer.

We were really excited to get to the store and pick up a cart full of good produce to juice at home. So with our 4 bags of produce we went home and set up our machine and washed our produce.


Then the big decision came, what are we going to make for our first drink? Since we were inspired by fat sick and nearly dead video it was only fitting we do the Mean Green Juice.

The Mean Green

  1. 1 bundle of kale
  2. 4 stalk of celery
  3. 1 cucumber
  4. 2 green apples
  5. 1/2 lemon
  6. ginger {thumb size}
So we started with the kale, because we heard it's good to roll them up and begin with them because you can push the other fruit thru to make sure they all are being juiced.

And let me tell ya it sure makes a green color. And the Mr. poured a glass for me and the girls. Oh yeah they were excited to try it too!  I thought i should add a straw it might be easier to drink it that way. OK. Here i go. I raised my glass, and took a big gulp. Gross. Double Gross. Almost puke. Nasty. and so many more words came out of my mouth. What did i just get myself into? There was no one in the house that like that drink. But for some reason Scott didn't give up he made himself a big glass of carrot juice. Maybe 10 carrots.  And loved it. I needed to have the same courage also so i looked for a recipe that i can try again. I found the Green Lemonade. It sounded tasty, I do love lemonade.

Green Lemonade
  1. 1 Green apple
  2. Handful of Spinach
  3. 6 leaves of Kale
  4. 1/2 Cucumber
  5. 4 Celery Stalks
  6. 1/2 Lemon
I decided since the first one got super wasted, i was going to cut this recipe in half. And i'm so glad I did. Nasty. I thought the Mean Green was gross because of the ginger but it turns out it was the kale. I need to love that veggie it's so good for you.

But I was determined to find one i liked. So i did a few more searches online for some options. And Weight Watchers had one they called a energy drink. It had 2-3 carrots and orange. Very tasty. Yeah not a complete waste. So im going to do baby steps into juicing.

I love this juicer because it quiet and easy to use and clean. But there is some things I'm not a happy with. When juicing carrots it leaves behind a pulp, and it makes your drinks very frothy. Otherwise I'm happy so far.

I'm so proud of my little ladies they tried every concoction. Since we are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary in a few days we thought this would be a great present to each other. Nothing says love like making each other healthier. I don't think i would ever do a juice fast, but i think this would be a great thing to add to a morning routine and afternoon boost. Since we had all these drinks i feel good and super full. We made a spinach/ Romaine Salad with lots of veggie and grilled chicken for supper and it hit the spot.
My compost is really going to love the pulp we get from the juicer. I know need to find a recipe to incorporate this into. 
I would love to try more recipes if anyone has any suggestion!

Comments

Popular Posts