Fresh Peach Salsa

So last night Scott came home with a big bag of tomatoes that he got from a friend. Well it was perfect timing because i was going to make salsa this weekend after I visited the farmers market. Well i saved me a few bucks on this recipe with the kindness from his friend.

 I sampled a mango salsa at Bob's Produce Ranch and I was in love with it.  Sweet yet spicy.... What can be better?  So when i need a recipe i usually go to foodgawker or pinterest now to see what they had.  I found a few of them but they weren't exactly what I was looking for. Then asked my cousins awesome wife, Kier if she had any suggestions. And of course she did. So i did a little hodgepodge of everything I looked at.  Then sent the Mr. for a few items i was missing. He did come back with 2 hard mango's. He is not the produce man but I do love him for being my go getter. So i had to come up with a plan B. I just used a peach instead of the mango. I will wait for the mango to ripen and make another batch of salsa later.

It was super tasty.

Fresh Peach Salsa


4 small tomatoes or 2 medium
1 jalapeno
1 small red onion
1/2 of a red pepper
3/4 of a yellow pepper
big scoop of minced garlic
big handful of chopped cilantro
dash of kosher salt
4ish shakes of black pepper
1 peach
maybe about 1/4 c lime juice

gently toss and refrigerate for about a hour. And dig in with a good baked tortilla chip.

Comments

Popular Posts