2 thumbs up

Today seems to be another dreary day of wind and rain. Uggg sunshine i need you...... STAT

Wednesdays are my grocery shopping day because i get more savings with my coupons. But after last weeks adventure in the store with the whole family its just to crazy, and the Mr. was buying stuff without a coupon which is a big no no.  But with me being a crazy coupon lady that involves going to 3 different grocery stores. I don't mind, for some reason being in a grocery store is inspiring and relaxing.{as long as you go alone and earlier in the day} I ended up buying the Pioneer Press subscription today , they had a man selling it as you walked in the store and I thought about it. Its cheaper then me buying it each week and i get a extra paper on Wednesday with even more coupons. Plus I got 25.00 dollars in gift cards to rainbow for buying it. SCORE.  I saved in total $41.87 with coupons and only spent $41.00 in total on my grocery trip today. Crazy huh!

I have had a chill all day today, which only makes me want to bake and heat up the house.  Well Scott had requested spaghetti for supper so I thought I would try to made homemade french bread. I found this recipe on pinterest. It was easy to make and it turned out perfect.  Here is the link if your interested in trying it. http://www.lafujimama.com/2009/03/katie-kinsers-french-bread/  I don't think I could ever go back to store brought bread again. And the whole meal everyone was saying MMmmm good, mom this is the best. It made two  loafs, so i think i will freeze the other so we can have it with another meal later. I think little kids are so funny to watch eat spaghetti. But there faces and clothes sure pay the price afterwards.










Yesterday i posted my dresser that I DIYed on craigslist. Well within minutes i received many emails and couple calls. Talk about making you feel good about what you did. So i told each one of them it's first come first get. And of course some are just crazy- such as "i am so interested and I will for sure buy it but I think I'm available Saturday", or "I'm sending my boyfriend tomorrow morning".  Come on I'm not stupid, and i hate devoting my day to waiting for a maybe sale. This one lady sent her husband from st. Paul that night because she was about to have a baby any day, and didn't want to not get it. Super nice man picked it up no problem. This morning I get a phone call from one of the ladies who called the night before wanting to buy it. I guess I wasn't expecting to hear what she had to tell me. I told her it sold, sorry! And then she yells "Why in the hell didn't you call and tell me you sold it bd#9h. And then i politely said well its first come first get and i don't call everybody back when things sells. Wow took me by surprise. Well later in the day I get a call from the guy who bought the dresser last night asking me for the name of the paint color. Well then i had to explain i use oops paint and you cant match it unless you bring in a the paint. Then he goes on to explain he is going to paint the top to match the white bottom. Uhhhh Come on, you just broke my heart. I loved the look of that dresser just the way it was. He ended the conversation saying well I'll just go look for a marshmallow color to repaint it. I have never had this many weird conversations over a piece of furniture.

Comments

  1. don't you hate it when you work hard to make it look good and someone buys it and tells you they are going to repaint it. the dresser I painted yellow was going to be painted black after the girl bought it. ish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts