Dreaming & Planning

It seems a little weird to be dreaming and planning for my veggie garden next year when this years crop is being harvested. But i didn't get a garden in this year or any year before since we moved. I miss my old garden at my last house. I had plenty of room for a garden in the sun. My yard is on a corner lot which leaves me little room in the back yard and limited sun. So i came up with a plan. I'm going to make raised bed that my dog wont eat all my plants in the front yard. But they have to have curb appeal because there going for the front yard.  My goal is to build them before spring next year so i have no excuse not to do it.

I started a compost this year and it's exciting going out there to see the progress it makes. It really loves all the pulp from the fruit and veggies we juice. But i realized i need a bigger compost because I'm running out of room in the one i have now.

Last night i watched a video with the girls about two young girls trying to figure out why there produce is being shipped from all over the world instead of from there state. And Bella was watching them pick carrots out of the ground and she got so excited and asked if she can do that too.

I also learned about this thing called csa- where you can buy shares from the farmer and in return you can go pick up produce weekly from the farmer. It's like pre buying your produce and helping out the farmer till he is able to sell his veggies. Know i need to see if they do that around here.

Here are some of my garden ideas.



Comments

Popular Posts