Clean Classic Two Tone Dresser

I'm in love with my dresser. So much I really want to keep it but instead I'm selling to be a responsible adult. Ugg being a grown up sucks sometimes.  I have never been so lucky before at buying a dresser at a thrift store. Usually there nasty and super worn out, or just to expensive. I just wished i was able to buy the matching dresser that they had there. I so need a bigger car! I decided this was going to be the dresser where I can do a two tone paint job on it. I was looking for a piece with character and this one has it.

First I had to do was fill and sanding this bad boy, and let me tell you it need a lot of love in this department. It was chipping really bad on one drawer and on the side of it.  So i filled them and sanded them and filled them and sanded them and well I think you get the picture. After all that fun I went thru all my paint and wasn't in love with any of my colors. So a quick run to the Home Depot's opps paint section to see what they had. Unfortunately nothing that i was looking for. So i did a lookies to see what's hot and get inspired. I wasn't sure what i was looking for but I figured I will know it when I see it.  I had white and grayish green at home i just had to find a darker color for the top.  And being the cheap lady that i am i didn't want to pay for a quart of paint that would leave me with a lot of left overs. Then my eye caught the sign that said paint sample $2.49. Badda Bing perfect price and size. So i picked a tin gray color and went on home.

I did a little sample board of all my paints i have at the moment and figured out what color was going to look best on my dresser. I decided to go more clean and classic. So i began with painting the top gray and then I painted my drawers white and when the top of the dresser dried i painted the sides and front of it white. Put on the original hardware which was perfect, because painting hardware sucks.
Before


And my finished Product.


Comments

Popular Posts