Worm Tea

I finally got around to making worm tea with my composted worm poo! Yeah I get that it sounds weird but I'm excited to see if it makes a difference. I am not a girl who like miracle girl or fertilizers so I think this will be a great alternative to those. My worms are working hard making amazing composted dirt, with minimal effort on my part. I highly recommend getting a worm farm for your. household. I might spend 10 min. each week on them and they produce amazing compost dirt.

We had to go buy a 5 gallon bucket and fish tank bubblier for this project. We filled the 5 gallon bucket with water from a our berkey purifier because you are not suppose to use tap water because of the chlorine in it. So we filled it almost full and added the bubblier stone to the water. We added 2 tbsp of molasses and stirred it up. Next I had to find a nylon, something I never had on hand! The only place I could think of that I might have it was in my Halloween bin. Sure enough I did! I added 2 cups of my dirt from the lower worm bin and put it in the nylon and placed it in the bucket and tied it to the handle. We let it steep in that for at least 24 hours. I decided to not dilute it with water in my water can. It is not a harsh fertilizer so it won't burn or kill anything. I gave all my flowers and veggies a little drink.

I think I am going to try to do a weekly worm tea application on my plants.

steeping my worm poo in water

our bubblier stone

halloween nylon with composted worm poo

end product after 24 hours


Comments

Popular Posts