Kate's Field Trip

I was able to chaperone Kate's field trip with her this year, and they were going to the Richardson's Nature Center in Bloomington and then going to the Chutes and Ladder park afterwards for lunch and to play.  This is the same field trip Bella took in 3rd grade to and she loved the park part of the trip.

We loaded the bus and headed out right after school started. I really dislike riding on the bus and of course I ended up in the back of the bus. Deep breathing, peppermint oil and gum chewing saved me. We arrived to the nature center where they did a quick lesson on primary secondary and so on about the food chain. They kids were able to figure out how animals rank in the order of what eats them and what that species eats. Then we were able to see a live red tail hawk and another smaller hawk that they have because they can't be let back into nature. The kids asked so many questions about these birds. After that we wanted down to the pond and they were given bowls and nets to collect stuff and see what is living in pond water. Someone found a cray fish that was pregnant. They have there eggs attached in a clump on the outside of there belly. I didn't know that, so I learned something new that day to. We loaded the bus again and drove down the road to the park.

This park is amazing and I think I plan to go check it out this summer. It's like 4 levels high and you can climb and slide and jump and it's safe for all kids ages. Best part it has the rubber mat on the ground so no sand in the shoes or wood chips. They have rock climbing pegs to climb up to the next level and so much more. I wish it was a bit closer.

The kids were all great listeners and we didn't have to get divided up with a few kids per chaperone which is nice for me. Simple is awesome.












I am so glad I was able to spend the time with the kids on these trips. Don't get me wrong I have been running around like a crazy person this past few weeks with all these end of the year school stuff going on.

Comments

Popular Posts