I'm in a whirlwind

Life has been crazy and that is a under statement. Between all the end of the year events for all the kids, family gatherings, 24 hr flu, gardening, and spring projects I don't know where I'm at most times. I have not been able to keep up on my post!  Sorry.

Where to begin.... My veggie gardens is all in and is thriving!  My flower beds have been weeded, divided, transplanted, and mulched. I even managed to add a new one in the front of my house. It's a work in progress but for this year it's good so I can see how it will fill in before I add and change anything. The best part was I used my transplanted flowers from the back yard and my neighbor gave me some of her extras to make this bed. I did a little mix of veggies in with plants this year. I also grew all my own plants from seed. I can't tell you how awesome that feels, plus I had spares and I am able to bless many other people with plants to grow in there yard.
 my new front garden. I put colorful painted rocks next to the plants as there markers.

my strawberries

Broccoli

I grew these tomatoes from seed... I can't believe it

my herb garden next to my kitchen door


blueberry bush

green beans

cabbage

cauliflower

I just love the bleeding heart plant. It makes spring so cheerful

Kate had her big 3rd grade track and field event that they do at the high school along with the two other 3rd grade elementary schools in our district. She was a master at the hurdles and we were cheering so loud for her. It was a hot day and Henry didn't want to stay the whole time, plus we lost her in the crowd and couldn't find the event she went to next. But it was fun to see her in action.






Scott's brother Josh was in Mn for his birthday week and we were able to hang out and have a family bbq. They also came down and we walked around the nature center by our house. We also went to the Floggy Molly concert with Josh, his sister, and Scott and i. It was funny because at the concert I ran into my cousin and his wife, and Scott's sister ran into her co worker. Ha small world!
can you believe we got a whole family photo

hammer -slogan game

look at Henry looking at his sister


Henry convinced josh to play pie face

look at the turtles at the nature center... So cute











Henry finished up his last class of ECFE. I can't believe he is old enough to go to preschool this fall. This class has been such a great experience for me and for Henry. I have learned so much about different ways to teach my kids, how there little brains are wired, and different ways to parent our kids. Henry has learned how to play with kids his own age- we don't have any kids his age around us and this was nice to have someone in the same developmental stage, he has learned age appropriate skills and how to love different sensory items. It was a fun group this year!


I think we are caught up on what has happened lately, I probably missed stuff!!! Soon the kids will be done with school and summer will officially begin. We have vacations planned, and goals written down so hold on for the ride.



Comments

Popular Posts