Little Free Library

Our neighborhood has a little free library stand and it came together with help from a little of everyone. Remember when I told you I saved my old tiny window after we had some new windows installed? well I dropped them off at the neighbors house and asked if he wanted to build it together since he is very handy at building stuff. Instead he said how about I build it and you paint it, since he thinks I'm a good painter! I agreed to that!

Last Friday afternoon he dropped this giant little library off at my house and I immediately started doodling it up and putting some paint on it. I first painted it a neutral grey and the inside a white. After that I penciled in my doodles and started adding bright fun paint to it. I wanted it to be bright and eye Catching and fun for everyone. I think I painted for 1.5 on Friday and doodled for 3 hours and I had the rare occasion on Saturday to be by myself and I doodled out and painted for 4 more hours.



got the grey and white paint applied

added this above where the door will be in the front. We are waiting for the plaque with the library number and that will go in the peek in the top front.

I wanted to add sunflowers and stuff that you see in our neighborhood




I left the middle blank because the post will be going in that spot. I had the kids tell me why reading was fun!


These are in the inside of the library. They are all animals you will see in our neighborhood, plus the tree and mushroom!




My kids wanted to paint the shelves and Bella did a sun and kate did her reading (sorry it's upside down!)






We wanted to finish up by having the neighborhood kids come and put there hand print on the back. I thought it was a fun way to include them and make them feel like they are apart of it. Plus us parents we love looking back and seeing how small they were.


They ages range from 15-7 months old. They each picked out there colors they wanted to make there hand print with and wrote there names.

The kids and us parents went through our books and brought a good load of books to fill the library up.









We even had a visiter!


I am so glad this project came together. We have so many talented people in this neighborhood and love working together. I hope this place is loved by many.




Comments

Popular Posts