Bunker Hills Field Trip

Last week I was invited to go with Bella on her field trip to Bunker Hills, which is near by. They were going to be going to different stations around the camp ground learning about different topics for the day. I always sign up for the kids field trips but the odds are usually not in my favor because so many parents do the same things and they draw names. But this time I was the only one that signed up for this event. Yay score for me.

We loaded the bus with her class and drove out to the site. We then met the person giving the first talk at the camp site and each person had 28 min. to talk about the subject that they came for and then we walked to the station. It was such a nice beautiful sunny day and silly me I forgot to apply sunscreen. I burned but some how Bella tanned. Ummm not fair!

Some of the stations that we talked about was, zero waste and being respectful to the earth, snakes and reptiles, poison ivy, alpaca and how to spin it, veggies and fruit, trapping, deer populations, and mosquito. There was suppose to be a bee person there but he got lost and gave up and went home. Bummer I was excited for that one.

Overall the class enjoyed learning about all this and I got to meet all the kids in the class more. Bella has been with this class for almost 2 years now and it's nice to be able to see familiar faces and get to know them better that way. I love her looping program she is in.  The kids really enjoy me coming along on there trips which is nice and it gives me some quality one on one time in a sense with them.

this was fun to watch all the kids were dancing to music prior to loading the bus

zero waste

yucky snake. bull snake

alpaca

softening the alpaca fur

spinning it 

trapper phil

looking for mosquito larvae. I think that is what it was called




Life has been so busy I can barely remember what day it is and where I need to go. Next up is Kates field trip.

Comments

Popular Posts