Memorial Day Weekend

We had no set plans for this weekend and we were going to stay around home and do some projects and maybe do a little bike riding. Well I would say our plans were nothing like what I just said! Saturday morning Scott went to run club while I worked in the garden and the kid lounged around. When he got back he wanted to run a little more since it was a short mile day, so Bella said she would join him and I rode my bike and the other two wanted to be pulled in the wagon by dad.  We went to the kids school park to play and on the way home went to lunch at chipotle and Chick Fil A.  On the way home we stopped at the neighbors to visit and some how we ended up agreeing to use there 70's GMC Kingsley camper for the night. We quickly packed a overnight bag and some bedding and went to go camp in Scott's parents drive way for the night.  Well that is nothing like my quiet chill weekend!








On the way up Henry fell asleep and then woke up in a panic and freaked out and then puked everywhere. Yay! Luckily we were 2 miles from grandma's house. We chalked it up to car sick because it was so bumpy and he was doing laps around there yard for the next two hours. We even went for a bike ride after dinner!  But...... 2 am puking happened again, luckily I grabbed a bucket before heading to the camper for the night. It was a rough night beside the puking child. The dog barking, gun shots, 4 wheeler, super loud music all night. It was a rough night and morning.
road puke is the worst with no supplies to clean it up.

This camper had a musky smell so I ran my diffuser with purification oil all night. Yes I have a doTerra diffuser and I use Young Living Oils. They had a good deal on the diffuser I couldn't pass up.






Needless to say we headed home early morning to lay low and recover. Bella was asked to go to a friends house to play around dinner and Scott and I had a bonfire in the evening by ourselves. We roasted some marsh mellows and burned down some of the brush from our tree we took down. It ended up being a great night. Finished up our bonfire just before the storm hit and I called it a night due to the massive lack of sleep I had.

Monday morning I got the whole family to clean up and shower... Small victories! We made plans to go to the Chutes and Ladder park with our friends if Henry was not puking and the rain wasnt intense. We decided to go and risk the rain showers. It was a weird weather day of sunshine and mini rain showers followed by humid sunshine every 30 min. Oh well we rolled with it and the park had great umbrellas above the picnic tables. We even finished up the park with a walk around the nature center.

Umm the nature center walk went south fast about 30 min. into it. Henry was slowing down and all of sudden he was like my stomach hurts. He asked to pee in the weeds and then ended up with diarrhea instead. Umm...  well...... lets get home quick. The mess and the fear of what else is coming. He fell asleep on the way home and then we got out of the car and he pukes on the way in to the house.


so many turtles




So now we are finishing up this long weekend at home watching a movie as the rain showers come and go and the sun shines here and there. Overall it was a adventurous weekend and we rolled with it.

Comments

Popular Posts