Starting the New Year off .?.?.?

Everybody wants to start the new year off on the right foot, but unfortunately that is not how it is starting for our family. I feel like i need a do over and it's only the 4th day in.  Maybe we are meant to have really low start and finish strong...I believe we can be thrown ugly stuff and If my own positivity is good it will make any situation better if we able to see the good. Yep that is what is going to happen... Let me catch up on the past few days....


So on January 1st at 4 pm the girls were heading to my best friends house for a sleep over with her kids. It was on the calendar all winter break they were excited and Scott and I were excited. We were going to go do something together  + have henry and try to catch up. I was laying in bed because my last dose of prednisone was messing me up and I had little energy. The girls came up to cuddle and tell me how excited they were to leave and ask how much longer they had. Bella was itching her head and i have noticed she was itching it more then normal. I thought she had my psoriasis head because Scott and both have it. I have checked her a few times and it was irritated in the same spots i always get it. But this time i checked her again the dander was not moving down her hair shaft i had to use force to get it out of her hair. Being a hair stylist we were told about this and how to look for it but i have never experienced it first hand. I had lice as a kid but i was never looking in each others hair for evidence of it. I began googling images and they looked similar to what she had. So i cancelled the sleep over and sent Scott to get a massive box of lice be gone at the store i was having everyone in the house treated. While he was out getting that i began doing laundry. I might have gone over board and did more then i needed to but i say safe then sorry. The pile filled my laundry room up to my laundry sink and out in the hall.  We gathered up all the stuff toys and anything fabric-e that they had and placed it in garbage bags and threw it in the cold garage. I first did Bella's head, Kate's, Henry, Scott did mine and i did his. This was the day i wished i had super short hair, and Bella had thinner hair. It was a lot of work. Unfortunately the girls had lice and so did I. That is what i get for sharing a brush with them. Eeek.  We finished all that laundry about 24 hours later, those machines ran all night.  I also placed apple cider vinegar in us girls hair and then put in coconut oil all over and shower cap on our heads all night. I have checked every day and i think we got it but we will find out in 7 days if we have it gone for sure. I will probably do one more treatment then because I'm a paranoid mama. Let me tell say LICE and i will itch no matter what. Are you itching too???


If that was not enough we all came down with step throat. Yay.... It started with Bella and slowly everybody began getting those symptoms. Well at least we are all miserable and complaining of the same thing together. Today they are suppose to be back to school but instead we went to the clinic. Everyone in the house hold is on meds for strep!  Can you believe that?  I was excited to have our normal routine back, i guess it will have to wait a few more days.
seriously that is that nuts??? Between the co pays and meds and going to buy tooth brushes it was 150.00 day!

As I sat her the last few days in my house because leaving seemed impossible i was able to reflect on what i want this year to be like. We can set goals but as i have experience the last few days ;it is out of my control. I have to learn to be ok with the situation and how i handle it. I have never been a calm easy controlled person. I would love to be a calm, slow to react, non yelling women.But i think every mom will say that!  But that is not who i have been, but i can take slow steps to get there. I would love to have a non yelling household!  If i yell my kids yell more and i don't want them to have that problem too. So taking breaks when I'm frustrated will help me from barking at them. Kids have a way of unraveling you and they don't always mean to but they do and i need to react in way that helps.  I also want to be more financial responsible more. I feel like we have grown in this department over the years but you can always grow more.  One thing seems to be a every growing cost is the groceries. Its crazy how much we spend. It's hard to keep it under 130.00 a week for a family of 5. I would say we eat out at least once a week but the rest of the time i cook all the other meals. I found a few apps that you scan your receipts and they have select items that are on sale and they will put the coupon in a account and pay you once it reaches a certain amount or a certain time of each month. So it's not instant savings but non the less it savings. The apps are called checkout 51, ibotta, snap by group on.  Clipping coupons don't seem to work for us because there is little to non gluten free coupons or its items we just don't buy. I also have the same goal i do every year and that is to feel better about my body. I want to  be content with it. I don't need a certain number but to be able to look in the mirror and be proud of it. I had three kids so it has changed and i need to mentally understand that. Those stretch marks are apart of me... There not pleasing to the eyes but they are there to stay.  I also want to read my bible more. Maybe instead of being on the computer while henry naps i can take that time to read instead of before bed when i am tired. Im sure all of these things won't change this year but if it doesn't hurt to try and make a effort on them.

Do any of you have goals you set? I love hearing others goals or things they are doing.

Comments

Popular Posts