January Blues

The struggle is real my friends.... This month can go away and February can come anytime. We started off rough and the doesn't feel like its letting up.  I feel like this quote i found on Facebook totally summed it up! The aftermath of Christmas, Scott's hours were one day short per pay period, everyone got sick, lice, Henry's terrible 3's is in full force, and the motivation is falling off the cliff.


I am truly trying to be a non yelling parent but this past few weeks Henry is sure testing me. It's like when you ask God for patience he giggles and throws you some wild scenario to test you. The things that worked for correction with the girls is not working with him. I need to find a way to help him. He talks and has tons of words to say but when the heat of the moment hits he just gets angry and has a melt down or worse he bites. Poor Kate has been the victim of that twice. He bit her chest really bad where blood was drawn. I have not had a biter before so this is new. I believe it's because he not able to communicate so he does that. Im also thinking i need to challenge him more during the day and go places to really get out his energy. The girls would play and that stuff but that is not enough for him. He needs to jump and wrestle and climb to wear himself out. I am going to try to go to a play activity beside the Kids Stuff at the YMCA each week. That is out of my comfort level going to place by myself. I bet i would meet some really cool moms while doing it. I also been watching some videos on Right Now Media of parents going through the same things and how they handle it. It's always nice to be reminded your not alone!

I am really trying to be more food conscious and not over indulge. I love sweets and i don't think that will ever go away. I am still going to the gym and working out 4-5x's a week which is great way to take a break and regroup myself each day. Scott has been loving the show My Diet Is Better Then Your Diet. He loves the paleo diet one of the contestants is doing. He has been incorporating into his life. I am totally not going to join him on this particular thing that he can't stop talking about. Are you ready for this????? Butter Coffee. Gross he makes a cup of coffee and  puts in like a tablespoon of butter and mixes it up. -usually with the ninja mixer. He says it gives him tons of energy through the day because it doesn't make you crash like most coffees with creamer in it. He also is dropping the pounds this month.... I am so proud of him he has a goal and he is working hard on it. I have been making small changes with our meals to do less grains along with our meals. Being gluten free is very close to being paleo. With paleo you don't have dairy, and grains like rice. That is a very basic comparison but you get the idea. 

The girls have gone skating with G + G when they were visiting them and so we took them to our local park that has a skating rink. These ladies are natural skaters and had a blast. I think they could've skated all night if they could decide. Henry kicked around a chunk of ice back and forth to us and fell on his butt tons of times. He even started break dancing on the rink showing some people his dance moves!






Is January treating you well?



Comments

Popular Posts